About Our Recipes

We have lots of favorite meals as a family but I also like to stir things up and try new ideas as well! On this site I will always do my best to link back to the original source or mention the name of the person I received the amazing recipe from. If I make adjustments to the recipe I will highlight them in blue. I will always post a picture of the recipe. Please keep in mind I am not a professional and the pictures will not be taken in a professional setting but usually on my kitchen table!
If you would like to send in one or more of your family favorites I would love to give it a try & if I love it in ONE Bite I will add it and give you a mention as well. Also if you have a great story or picture that goes along with your recipe send that too! You can send your recipes to onebitemomma@gmail.com

Happy Meal Making which of course includes Desserts!

Monday, October 7, 2013

Overnight Cinnamon Rolls

These were AMAZING! I hope that you will make them sooner than later.


I found this recipe on cookinchemist.blogspot.com a while back and decided I really needed to try it. Tyson asked me to make cinnamon rolls which gave me the perfect excuse to make this yummy treat! Here we go, I think you will see they are easier than they appear! 
I have adapted the recipe a little because I do not use a bread maker so I will be 
giving you my instructions instead.


Overnight Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
Adapted from: allrecipes.com and Cooking Light

Ingredients:
1 c. warm milk (110 degrees F)

1/2 c. white sugar
2-1/2 tsp. (1 pkg.) yeast
2 eggs, room temperature
1/3 c. margarine, melted
4-1/2 c. bread flour
1 tsp. salt

Filling:
1 c. brown sugar, packed (I always add a bit more)
2-1/2 Tbsp. ground cinnamon
1/3 c. butter, softened (not melted!)


Frosting:
6 Tbsp. butter, softened (not melted!)
4 Tbsp. heavy cream (optional)
1 tsp. vanilla extract 
2 c. powdered sugar


Heat milk and pour into mixing bowl with the sugar and yeast and let sit for 5 minutes  Add in this order; flour (does not need to be bread flour), melted butter, eggs, & salt. Attach your dough hook and mix on low until it forms into a soft dough.

Let rest for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon. Roll dough into a 16x21 inch rectangle. Spread dough with 1/3 c. softened butter and with cinnamon-sugar mixture  Roll up dough tightly into a long snake and cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9x13-inch pan. Cover and set in the refrigerator overnight.

In the morning, let rolls rest at room temperature for 30-45 minutes  Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. After resting, bake rolls at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes until golden brown. While rolls are baking combine frosting ingredients. Spread frosting on warm rolls before serving.


These CAN be made on the same day that you make them, and can also be FROZEN for use on another day. To freeze cut into pieces and place directly into the freezer for 3 hours. After the cinnamon rolls are frozen place in a freezer bag and use within 3 months. Pull Cinnamon rolls out place in greased pan and let thaw before baking ate 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes


These would make a great treat to take to a neighbor or as a Yummy Christmas Eve gift with the baking directions attached for Christmas morning!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

We LOVE hearing from you